One of the easier way to get more money and achieve financial freedom is to find a second income stream in addition to your salary. As for me corporate world does not fully speaks to my soul and hence I am establishing side business that could pave a way to the Armas Empire.
A second income stream can be an active business that requires your time and energy such as starting a business or in a passive way such as investing in a managed fund and getting interest and dividends from it.
It can also be a big decision like fixed assets investment e.g block of flats but it can also be small such as re-selling airtime.
For me, I have a chicken farm, that I joined after friends of mine struggled to get capital to expand it. I also have have fruit orchards that I am slowly growing to become a business in future.
The followings are some business that my friends own even though they have an 8 – 5 job:
1. Tyre business – a friend has a tyre business in Otjiwarongo which he started with his own money before I helped him get funding from the bank to successfully open a second branch. Miiyelo Wheels and Tyre
2. Welding – my brother has a welding business that focuses on metal work. He mainly works on weekends and during school holiday. See headline photo.
3. Coocking – my friend is establishing her self cooking for smaller parties and baking. She puts in long hours after work.
4. Tuckshop. This is my current project. Helping my friend set up a tuckshop selling basic neccesities. Today he has saved N$800 in a month.
5. Clothing import business. This is what my boyfriend is doing at the moment while looking for a job. My friend Sister is also having an african print business importing fabrics from other african countries.
So what are you waiting for? Save a little money and go for it. There is soo much to learn from owning your own business.
Take the risk.